Virginia State Park Adventure Series presented by Appalachian Power
Virginia State Parks and Appalachian Power have created a fun and exciting series of six distinct triathlons that are held in state parks. Unlike most racing series, winning is based on mileage, not just time or finishing place.
- James River State Park Triathlon
- Smith Mountain Lake Triathlon
- Mountain Do
- Claytor Lake Triathlon
- New River Trail Challenge
VSP Adventure Series Champions
- Based upon overall mileage of water, bike and run (must compete in minimum two races), the top male and female will be awarded:
- An REI half-dome tent including footprint ($240 value).
- $100 cash.
- JetBoil Zip cooking system.
- CamelBak Rogue hydration pack.
- Prizes will be given to the individual (solo or team – must compete in at least two races) with the most miles in each of these categories: bike, run and water (canoe, kayak or swim leg). Prizes include:
- $100 Virginia State Parks gift cetificate.
- Eno Singlenest hammock.
- Petzyl AKTIC 300-lumen headlamp.
Three-Race Summit Award
- Compete in any three Adventure Series races (solo or team) and win:
- A Virginia State Parks annual pass ($66 value).
- Entry into a drawing for a $250 Virginia State Parks gift certificate for cabins and camping.
- A VSP carabineer survival tool.
Additional categories and awards will be added as more sponsorships are secured.